Clean Ocean Action
“Our goal is to improve the degraded water quality of the marine waters off the
New Jersey/New York coast.”
For more information on current ocean issues, ways to get involved, and how to help improve the marine environment visit CleanOceanAction.org!
Clean Ocean Action will identify the sources of pollution and mount an attack on each source by using research, public education, and citizen action to convince our public officials to enact and enforce measures which will clean up and protect our ocean.
- Improve programs and laws that protect public health at swimming beaches.
- Reduce plastics and litter that pollute waterways, spoil beautiful beaches, and harm or kill marine life including turtles, whales, seals, birds, and fish.
- Protect coasts from oil and gas drilling in the ocean, including Maine to Florida.
- Establish the nation’s first Clean Ocean Zone to start a national chain reaction for all coasts.
- Reduce toxins in waterways to ensure fish and shellfish are free of pollution and safe to eat.
- Educate and motivate citizens from the small to the tall.
Remain Wild & Industry Free!
Support Clean Ocean Action’s Initiatives & Join the Coalition!
COA believes in making environmentally sound decisions and draws on robust research to formulate positions and find solutions.
Participate in one of the nation’s oldest beach cleanups at COA’s Beach Sweeps! With over 70 locations to participate at, you can help make waves of a difference to reduce marine debris. Save the Date of October 21st, 2017!